Meet Claw Bot, the faithful eight-legged worker robot. Build an army of Claw Bots to do your bidding. Nothing could possibly go wrong! Claw Bot is available now at Argyle Fine Art, coming soon to the FOLDed online store.
1) Carefully cut out the two pieces. Cut along the solid black outlines, do not cut the dashed fold lines. Cut slits along the white cut lines. See the “Getting Started” page for tips and suggestions.
Once you have the two pieces cut out and the tab slits cut (as indicated by white lines) You should pre-fold along all the dashed lines. This will make assembly much easier.
2) Assemble the body section by inserting the labeled tabs into their corresponding slots.
You can leave the legs straight, or curve them into a more relaxed position. I have given them a gentle S curve.
3) Fold the radiometer tube section in half along the dashed line.
4) Insert the radiometer tube tab into the slot in the top of Claw Bot’s head.
5) Make sure the tube is inserted all the way into the slot. Spread the two tabs apart underneath the slot to make sure it stays in place.
6) OPTIONAL – If you want a cleaner look, you could add glue inside the radiometer tube to keep the two halves together.
And that is all there is to it! If you have a Claw Bot, send me a photo. I’ve love to feature it in a FOLDed fan gallery.